Revenant - Ragnaros EU

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Disc Healing PVP Priest

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cynic

PostSubject: Disc Healing PVP Priest   Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:44 am

Finally got 80 on my Priest bounce , I'm asking the Revenant Oracle for guidance.

How much haste do I need?

How much spell penetration do I need, and hit? Do I actually need them?

What gems should I socket ideally?

Generally talk about Priest healing in PVP, because I literally know nothing besides heal others with low HP. Rolling Eyes Laughing Rolling Eyes Laughing

If anyone's got spare 5 minutes, I could do with respeccing for BG's, I won't be doing Arena for a long time yet. rendeer
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://boards.4chan.org/mu/
Myles
Officer
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Disc Healing PVP Priest   Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:12 am

The more haste the better imo, around 600-800 is a good spot, not that easy to obtain tho.
As for spell penetration, im playing quite alot of pvp(bgs only), and dont really feel its needed, rather gem stamina than spell pene for blue slots. For arena on the other hand it can be handy, cap is around 100-130.

If you are just starting out with pvp, you generaly want to gem sp/res, or even pure res in your yellow slots, sp/sta in blue and sp in red, sp/res is a good option aswell i guess until your gear improves. Getting your resil up asap is the key to success.
Im sitting at around 1200 already, and still using like 5 pve items.

Hit cap is around 4% afaik.

And about the importance of hit, imo you dont really need it in bgs, atleast i wouldnt gem for it, theres some good items with hit on them tho that should be picked up, cool to do some smiteing sometimes etc!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cynic

PostSubject: Re: Disc Healing PVP Priest   Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:26 am

Myles wrote:
The more haste the better imo, around 600-800 is a good spot, not that easy to obtain tho.
As for spell penetration, im playing quite alot of pvp(bgs only), and dont really feel its needed, rather gem stamina than spell pene for blue slots. For arena on the other hand it can be handy, cap is around 100-130.

If you are just starting out with pvp, you generaly want to gem sp/res, or even pure res in your yellow slots, sp/sta in blue and sp in red, sp/res is a good option aswell i guess until your gear improves. Getting your resil up asap is the key to success.
Im sitting at around 1200 already, and still using like 5 pve items.

Hit cap is around 4% afaik.

And about the importance of hit, imo you dont really need it in bgs, atleast i wouldnt gem for it, theres some good items with hit on them tho that should be picked up, cool to do some smiteing sometimes etc!

Thanks a lot dude, I really appreciate it.

Getting PVP gear is so easy these days, getting a nice main hand will be a giant pain in the butt though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://boards.4chan.org/mu/
Turo
Officer
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Disc Healing PVP Priest   Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:41 am

That much haste for pvp gear Shocked I doubt that's obtainable without gimping other stats.

Spell pen depends on your comp. Something like RMP like to blow stuff up, requiring you to use your dmg too.

Hit is a very subjective thing, although again if you need to do dmg too it's kinda mandatory. 4% for most races, 6% for races like belfs/nelfs.
Easy way around this is http://www.wowhead.com/item=42134 (more survivability) http://www.wowhead.com/item=50357 (almost 6% hit, more dmg)

Crit is not to be underestimated, as I guess your not going for 2200+ anytime soon. Even in full pve gear I'm extremely hard to kill coz of the shielding.
Having around 40% crit with an 8k Flash, I absorb 2400 dmg extra each time. Especially for bg's where haste is much less important, crit rocks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trepadora

PostSubject: Re: Disc Healing PVP Priest   Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:07 am

This is wotlk Cynic, You dont have to get any specefic gear to get rating these days.. You can basically reach 2k with any setup and any gear as long as it's at least above furious, Like.. Full wrath off-set + furious set

And specc n stuff Just go check "www.Arenajunkies.com" There you have macros, threads about your class and what you should do to setupts you meet etc It's the moste known pvp site atm. Streams n stuff are there aswell, evrything that has to do with pvp

-You should check it out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disc Healing PVP Priest   

Back to top Go down

Disc Healing PVP Priest
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1