Warrior - TANK

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
knuth

PostSubject: Warrior - TANK   Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:33 pm

Name: Knuth

Class: Warrior

Spec: Tank

What is your experience with your offspec, and are you willing to play that in some raids should the guild require it to get the perfect setup for harder content?:
Dont have the best gear on Fury but its fair. Got 3 more alts to choose from if needed.

Armoury link:
sorry I failed on that with this board.

Warrior
Shaman woermi
Mage Saunagirl
Hunter Liebling

In regards to gear, are you willing to have your current gear maxed out in the way of gemming and enchanting, even if it is not the BiS piece? If I can afford I always max...

Professions, and why did you take these?: Alch (Tinkets, Flasks) + JC (extra gems)

Why are you applying to Revenant?: because I want to TANK!

Is there anyone in Revenant who can vouch for you?: dont think so

Previous guild(s), and why you were kicked, or why you left: never got kicked
I moved my chars about 2 years ago from the server burning leagion to this place.
Been in StormLords since that time. In Cata I got fored to heal since they where lacking healers in almost any raid.
I left like 3 weeks ago and I am still not settled. tried 2 other guilds meanwhile but tbh they only want my healing skills.
(I dont mind to heal from time to time but I really also went to play the tank.)

What raiding experience you have, be as detailed as possible:
Playing bout 6 years now with some breaks.
In cata I got down I think 7/12. but mostly on the healer. in the meanwhile I already know almost all bosses from several tries. just the throne of the 4 winds I do not know well.

What kind of PC and connection do you have? (average FPS and MS in raids?):
No Idea I never cared bout that. Inever got isues while playing.

Our current raid nights are Thursday, Sunday and Tuesday, will you be able to attend most, or all of these nights?:
sure, but I am 36 years old, I am married and I got 2 small boys in this way I also have to care but kids.
but usually they sleep 19:30 - 20:00

Do you speak and understand English clearly, as this will be the language used to communicate in the raids?:
I am Austian, I have to speak English at my work a lot. So shouldnt be a issue, but usually I am a quite player in Vent/TS

Can you handle constructive critisism and do you use this to improve your general performance?:
Sure. I am married as I told you.

Link to a screenshot of your UI:

Is secret Wink i am using several addons as recount, omen3, tauntmaster, healbot, ... it always depends on the class i play.
No worries i know my classes :-)

Tell us something about yourself, this is the first impression we get of you, so take this as a good opportunity to make your application shine.

Well Austrian, married, 2 boys (1,5 + 3), good job, mature, focused, ...
Back to top Go down
Hrco
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Warrior - TANK   Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:41 pm

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/darksorrow/knuth/advanced

Thanks for your application. We'll get back to you with answer soon.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buzdugan
Officer
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Warrior - TANK   Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:01 pm

Ur 5% under the soft avoidance cap mate...and u reforge to hit or expertise?Smile U said ur willing to best enchant and gem ur gear but no enchant on head piece...also u should know by now that cata warr tanks are all about mastery...block and the crit block...is the single stat that has no diminushing returns and provides the most consistent damage reduction of the avoidance stats...out of that good luck with the apply Cool

Back to top Go down
View user profile
knuth

PostSubject: Re: Warrior - TANK   Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:15 pm

@Buzdugan

1. there is a 90 stm + 35 dodge enchant on my big cow head.
2. i know that everthing is bout mastering but since i where not able to tank since more than 2 month i didnot spend much time/money on my warrior. you can expect that I will optiomise this as soon as I find a regular tank spot.
3. i am aware that that i am not 100% up to date with tanking but i want be it in future again
4. check out my shaman what I play now in raids; this is speced/gemmes in the right way...
5. if everyone knows the tacts it dosnt matter if you are bit misgemmed/speced :-) I think you can do most raids with all blue items on if you know tacts...
6. anyways thanks for you comments Wink
Back to top Go down
Buzdugan
Officer
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Warrior - TANK   Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:57 am

I thougth u apply with ur warrior not shaman in this post ...yes mate u can raid with blue items this days, but when u get to encouters like neffarian the healers will feel all ur missing avoidance...so if u dont reforge to best to save their mana as much as possible it will just gief them headaches and wipes....

Quote :
you can expect that I will optiomise this as soon as I find a regular tank spot.
if u wanna make a serious apply mate u come with the best of ur character; we dont know u or what u will do, its all in this apply u make...we are a 10 man raiding guild so we reckon on 2 tanks and those only, thats why we insist on full knowledge of the class. So dont take personal my answers mate, i just find the things that are not at their place in ur character gear...

EDIT: Go and read the first page of this post http://elitistjerks.com/f81/t110315-cataclysm_protection_warrior/ and u will see what i mean... those people are nerds who make the tests in this wow world and get to the bottom of things...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
knuth

PostSubject: Re: Warrior - TANK   Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:08 am

sure I apply with my Tank bur as I said i dod not played it often since lich king and I didnt spent much time on taking care if getting out the optimum of my cow.

sure that it will cost mana but, mana is overrated anyways. Wink there are quite some raid enconters where I still have 50 - 100% mana on shaman if boss is down. but ofc not all ^^

thanks for the link. I applied a few ideas from there already.

nah i am not taking that personal. its good to have advises.

for sure I am not the imba cata tank at the moment but ofk i want to be .-)

Back to top Go down
Osomo
Officer
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Warrior - TANK   Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:02 pm

Mana overrated? You tried neffy mate? Its really mana intensive on the healers.

Credits to Tazdingu
~When you roll a troll, you'll never reroll~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
knuth

PostSubject: Re: Warrior - TANK   Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:03 pm

mate as I said there are some but not all Wink

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warrior - TANK   

Back to top Go down

Warrior - TANK