Share | 

Yur 80 Rogue

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Yur

PostSubject: Yur 80 Rogue   Fri May 28, 2010 4:03 pm

General Info:

Personal Info:
Hey, my name is Ricardo Franco and I'm from Mozambique but currently studying in London and I'm 18, turning 19 in a couple days. Uh other than that I'm pretty easy going, I'd also like to say I'm someone who can be counted on, not only to just show up but know what he's doing and be prepared. Other than this rogue I've also got a human mage on Executus Alliance with which I've done most of ICC normal mode on as it was my main until recently.

Play times:
Well as I said I'm currently studying but I do have a lot of free time, generally I get on at around 17:00, since I'm livin on my own I don't really have a set time to eat or anything so it's always easy to work those things around raid times. In terms of raiding I should be able to make everyraid as I'm usually on everyday, only should something come up irl I might miss a raid or two, but someone will always be notified if I can't make it.

Raiding Experience:

Vanilla:

LBRS: Cleared
UBRS: Cleared
ZG: like 1-3 bosses or something
MC: Cleared
AQ20: 1 boss :3

TBC:

Kara: Cleared
ZA: Cleared
SSC: Cleared (tho I missed the only vashj kill we ended up having >.>)
TK: Cleared
BT: I got up to 5/9 I believe but after that I took a break from wow

Wotlk:

Naxx 10/25: Cleared
OS 10/25: Cleared (also did OS3D on 10)
Uld 10: 13/14
Uld 25: 7/14 I think
Totc10/25: Cleared
Totgc10: 4/5
ICC10: 10/12 (done with my mage)
ICC25: 7/12 (done with my mage)

Guild History:
In wotlk I started the expansion in a guild called Renegade on my home server of executus as Alliance, with this we cleared naxx25 pretty quickly once we filled out our raiding roster. When Ulduar 25 hit my computer crashed and meanwhile Renegade disbanded so when I came back I joined a pretty casual guild and took a pretty chilled stab at raiding, we didn't achieve much in Uld but I had some friends so I was ok. I stuck with this casual guild (death incarnate) till icc came out when I had a bit of a disagreement with my gm so i took my leave and joined Fallen Ones, a 10 man only guild built of ex-renegade members. In the first couple weeks of our raiding we got 10/12 but then our main healers decided to make their own guild and so we've been pretty inactive since. (this was all on Executus Alliance side)

Strong/Weak Points:

Strong Points: I would say I'm a very focused raider I always try to get the most out of my characters to help the raid and the guild.

Weak Points: I suppose I can get a little upset towards people if I think they constantly screw up on the same things..

How could you improve?: Well I can always try and do better, but the best can be said for anything in life really. ^^

Character Info:

Character Name: Yur

Class: 80 Rogue

Gear, Spec & Glyphs:

Since I'm currently in a random guild and just doing pvp I have two pvp specs, but if I am accepted I would spec as such:
Talents

I chose this spec due to the new changes making haste a very attractive stat for mutilate rogues, reading up on elitist jerks I've found that the 10% haste granted by specing deeper into combat outways the talents lost in the subtlety tree. Two of the glyphs I've chosen are pretty mandatory for mutilate spec (hunger for blood & mutilate glyphs) but the 3rd is a bit open to personal preference so I've gone with the Tricks of the Trade glyph which prolongs the damage bonus and threat bonus by a couple seconds, giving more damage/threat to whoever is getting tricked. ^^

As for gear, my armory is here. As you'll notice my gear is obviously lacking but I do have decent weapons which are a huge boost for melee dps.

Raid UI:
here is a screenshot of my ui in a normal situation, I recently removed a lot of the decorational addons I had in favor of a simpler default ui with only a few modifactions. I do have the necessary addons for raiding imo, I use DXE which I prefer over DBM.

Role Specific Info:

PEW PEW:

What does your class bring to raid except DPS? What other class/spec brings this to a raid?
Uhm well, tricks is a major part of a rogue's role in wotlk I suppose, not only does it provide the tank with extra threat but it can be used on fellow dpsers to increase their damage, (best use would be 2 rogues trading tricks so as to not create threat problems). Interrupts and trap disarms are also a big plus that rogues bring to raids. Rogues really are the only class to bring trap disarms and although they are not the only ones to have interrupts or threat redirection, they are the only one to increase damage output by a flat % with that aggro redirection.

In what encounter should your class beat the meters in WOTLK content?
Well really rogues are quite well suited to most encounters now with the introduction of fan of knives, they could really perform amazingly at any encounter, but I would say they suffer most from encounters with a lot of target switching, as mutilate has some set up required to properly dps a target and switching targets is hurtful for max dps for rogues. But they really should top dps in fights such as Saurfang where all the rogue really has to do is dps the boss.

What spell/skill is your rotation and why?

Uhm well, the rotation starts off with a garrote into hunger for blood, followed by Slice and Dice, and then it's just a repeatable cycle of mutilate mutilate > envenom, ruptures can be thrown in but due to the pretty bad scaling rupture has it's probably not the best use of your energy and another envemon would probably add more dps.

Additional Info:

Uhm that's about it, hopefully you liked the app. If you want to check out any of my other characters (I don't really play them much other than mage/rogue)

C√Ęboose 80 DR shaman
Zifa 80 Hu Mage

Last edited by Yur on Fri May 28, 2010 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cynic

PostSubject: Re: Yur 80 Rogue   Fri May 28, 2010 9:36 pm

Yur wrote:

SSC: Cleared (tho I missed the only vashj kill we ended up having >.>)

oh snap.

GL with you appy Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://boards.4chan.org/mu/
Trepadora

PostSubject: Re: Yur 80 Rogue   Sat May 29, 2010 12:59 am

Yo Rico, I've played with this dude for a while on my alliance server and hes know what hes doing.. and the good thing is that hes always doing it right:) good luck Rico!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buzdugan
Officer
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Yur 80 Rogue   Sat May 29, 2010 6:42 am

We have like 4 rogues on each raid ... gl anyway with ur apply
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yawgmoth

PostSubject: Re: Yur 80 Rogue   Sat May 29, 2010 4:09 pm

Hello

The overall apply was good enough but as was said before in previous replys we have too many rogues already, so it would be impossible to accept this apply.

GL finding a guild
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yur

PostSubject: Re: Yur 80 Rogue   Sat May 29, 2010 5:43 pm

Cool, thanks anyway
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yur 80 Rogue   

Back to top Go down

Yur 80 Rogue